More than 1900 years ago there was a man born contrary to the laws of life. This man lived in poverty and was reared in obscurity. He received no formal education and never possessed wealth or widespread influence. He never traveled extensively. He only once crossed the boundary of the country in which He lived. But this man’s life has changed the course of history.
In infancy He startled a king; in childhood he puzzled doctors of law; in manhood He ruled the course of nature, walked upon the waves, and hushed the sea to sleep.
He healed the multitudes without medicine and made no charge for His services. He never wrote a book. Yet His life has inspired more books than any other man’s. He never wrote a song. Yet He has furnished the theme for more songs than all songwriters combined. He never founded a college. But all the schools put together cannot boast of having as many students as He has. He never marshaled an army, nor drafted a soldier, nor fired a gun. Yet no leader ever had more rebels surrender to him without a shot fired.
He never practiced psychiatry. Yet He has healed more broken hearts than all the doctors far and near. Once each week, the wheels of commerce cease their turning, and multitudes gather to pay homage and respect to Him. Though time has spread twenty centuries between the people of this generation and His birth, He still lives. His enemies couldn’t destroy Him, and the grave couldn’t hold Him.
He is the Lord Jesus Christ!
He was perfect in all respects—sinless to the core. We are sinners condemned to die. But God loved us so much that He wanted to save us. God sent His own Son to taste a cruel death on our behalf in order to save us from our own death. On the third day, God raised Him from the dead! Today, He stands forth upon the highest pinnacle of heavenly glory, proclaimed of God, acknowledged by angels, adored by His people, and feared by devils, as the risen Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ.
Jesus ascended into the sky from Jerusalem, in full view of his disciples. He had told them: “I have been given complete authority in heaven and on earth. Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations…” Jesus Christ is the Highest Authority in the universe! He will one day judge the living and the dead.
In obedience to His royal commission we bring you this invitation to be His disciple. Are you prepared to seriously weigh the extraordinary life and claims of Jesus Christ?
- I am the bread of life; … I am the living bread that came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever.
- I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.
- I came that they may have life and have it abundantly. I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep. … I lay down my life that I may take it up again. No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it up again.
- I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live, and everyone who lives and believes in me shall never die.
- I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father [God] except through me.
Are you willing to renounce your sinful ways and to accept the forgiveness God is offering you through Jesus? Will you humbly confess your sins to Him? Will you look up to the Savior who died in your place?
God is longing to receive you just as you are. He will cleanse you and heal you completely. He will adopt you as His child and make you His dwelling place!
Will you let Jesus, the risen King of kings, be the Lord of your life? Then talk to Him right now and invite Him into your life! The choice is yours and you will one day be accountable to God for your response to Jesus Christ.